I have some really happy news! It has made me think a little more deeply about the whole idea of this blogging lark, and about how ‘real’ friendships are made.
So, when I first started blogging it was mostly so I could share the photos of my walks with my mum (and my aunty Gill who kindly always reads what we’re up to…) I initially thought blogging would be a lonely endevour as I sit for hooours choosing and editing photos, and then writing about our adventures. It was a really nice surprise that a few of my friends started to read some of my posts too! However the biggest surprise has been finding so many lovely online friends from all over the world. I look forward to reading their latest posts, giggling along with the hilarious ones, celebrating their achievements and commiserating when these friends are having a tough time.
It is pretty cool to make a whole group of friends with people that you’ve read about, but never actually met. I had a similar experience in Japan, when I made friends with other foreigners online. I met quite a few of those online friends in real life, and had so many good experiences with that, that I am not particularly worried about blurring the lines between life online and my everyday giggles. In fact some of my friends from Japan are still good mates now, 10 years later.
Anyway, one of my lovely blogging friends has kindly nominated me for an award! In fact, three lovely people nominated me for different awards, but you are meant to choose which award to go for, I figured I should go for the “best pal” category. So, now I am attempting to live up to my best pal-ness and I’d like to introduce some of my favourite bloggers so you can see and support them too.
But, before I get started, I am sooooooo chuffed that I was even nominated for an award. I’d like to share a selection of jumping photos to demonstrate how happy this made me! Thank you sooooo much for the nomination and for making me so smiley and jumpy!
So, if you’d like to vote (please do!)
You won’t need to register, it’s just a few clicks!!
So, without further ado or jumps I’d like to give some suggestions of awesome people you can vote for. I’m going to include a really good link from each of them so you can get the idea about why I think they are awesome.
Best Overall Blog:
This is a tough one. There are four blogs on here that I REALLY love.
- Gin & Lemonade I love loads of Lorna’s posts, but this one really struck a chord with me. I mean, the world should be waaay more accessible so people can just get on with their lives whether they have disabilities or not. I also really love her posts about Isla her hilarious daughter.
- A Brummie Home and Abroad Em’s blog gives me some serious wanderlust! She is an excellent accidental hiker and explores the world while having a laugh. My favourite of her posts are about Canada last year, and about when she managed to climb Snowdon. But, as I can’t choose just one, I’ll link here where you can see a selection of her gorgeous piccies.
- But I Smile Anyway…, Ritu is amazing! She was one of the first people to reach out and chat to me through my blog. Ritu writes about everything. She cooks, teaches and writes poetry! To give you a taste of her style, read this post abut her mum.
- I’m Sick and So Are You Christine makes me laugh, a lot. And then she makes me think. Which is kind of strange when you think that she has such an open honest blog about some of the hardest things anyone has to deal with. I’m sharing her post about living on a roller coaster. It’s not a funny one, but it is beautifully written so you can see how awesome she is. I also recomend adding her on instagram for some good kitty photos.
- Fatty McCupcakes Katie’s blog is actually one of my favorites out of all these. She regular makes me spill my morning tea as I giggle over her blog. I have to share two posts, one about pooping and the time she nearly got arrested for icecream.
- Hot mess memoir So Angela sounds like an awesome (and fun) soccer mum, so it seems appropriate to share this post.
- Lutheranliar Looks at Life Alice really should write a book. I love her writing style and her stories! To give you a flavour, here is a post about her cats.
- The Phil Factor Phil isn’t just a funny blogger, he has a whole funny book! I’ll share a link to a post about what he won’t eat, so you can get the idea! Plus, you should all read his book, it’s really good.
Most Inspirational Blogger
- You Are Awesome Angela’s blog always makes me think. It is well written and inspires me to be a better person (or at least to attempt to understand what my brain is doing and spot my own biases) This is a good example when she talks about the hazards of the lizard brain. I always love her awesome nuggets too!
Most Informative Blogger
- An Historian About Town Jessica’s blog is full of sooo many different things! At the moment I am loving her posts about her puppy, but she writes loads about Christmas, history and fashion advice as well. She is also an expert on ballet, so because I have learnt so much from her, I’d like to share one of her posts about ballet.
- Global Housesitter X2 I have really loved following Suzanne’s adventures around the world. I like her chilled travel style and the way she loves the walking and simple pleasures in each destination. As the award is about being informative, I’m sharing a post about how to be a good housesitter
Best Book Review Blog
- Lisa’s Ramblings I actually find I read Lisa’s non-book related posts more than the book ones, so I’d like to share a post about saving our oceans.
Services to Bloggers
- Em Linthorpe Em is amazing. She helps run the fantastic Big Up Your Blog facebook group along with Suzie. She also writes really helpful posts about things like flipboard and pinterest to help us all catch up on social media strategies. I have learnt so much from her. However, although she has loads of useful links, I’d like to share her post about fish fingers because it always makes me smile.
- Unbound Roots I love everything about Erin’s blog. I love her recent watercolour paintings, her anecdotes about her family and of course her love of animals. It’s hard t choose, but read her post about Dahlia the chicken. It’s a slightly stressful read, but I promise it’s safe to read to the end!
- A Mindful Traveler Recently I have loved Lorelle’s cooking posts, but my favourite posts from her are always about her love of travel.
- Deb’s World I first found Debbie’s blog when she was getting ready to be the mother of the bride. It has been really fun to follow those adventures, so I have to share this post from her about eloping with family.
- Wheelescapades Gemma’s blog is full of reviews of yummy places to eat, plenty of tea and interviews with other bloggers. I was going to share her post about Wimpole hall until I saw her recent post about being a breadaholic.
- Must Hike Must Eat I think I mostly love Shannon’s blog because we have such similar taste! She loves hiking and good food. There are sooo many posts I could pick, but I’m going with this one for the epic photos!
- Argh! I missed one of the blogs I love! Gary’s Fiction is Food is another brilliant blog to check out! Gary is a total sweetie and a really supportive blogging friend. I’d like to share one of his scary stories so you can see an example of his writing.
- Losing the Plot It only took one post for me to follow this blog! This is the post that freaked me out slightly, but made me want to keep reading!
Lastly, although I’d love it if some of you vote for me, I can’t not tell you about the other awesome bloggers in the same category as me. I don’t even mind coming last if one of these ladies pips me to the post.
- The Wandering Darlings Mel is SUCH a sweetie! I always look forward to her writing. She even let me write a post on her blog! I’l share her lovely post about cheddar in the snow, because it made me miss the UK.
- From Michigan to Germany I love so many of Cherie’s stories. I really identify with some of her struggles living in a new culture while attempting to learn the language, I’ll share her cartwheel catastrophe story because it made me smile.
- Just Another Blog From a Woman I really like Hayley’s music posts and how blooming friendly she is to everyone in the BUYB group! I’d like to share her post about avoiding going ‘out’ because I think lots of us feel this way!
- Fancy Paper Last but not least, I have to share something from the lovely Orla! She is a total ray of sunshine, so I think it’s appropriate to share her sunshine bloggers award post.
Phew. It took a while to share all of those so now it’s almost midnight. I hope you all like these blogs as much as I do! I could easily write another similar post about all the blogs that didn’t get nominated for awards this year, so please feel free to share links to your favourites in the comments! I’ll go and give them some love too!
Please do vote…and please ignore all my typos, I am too tired to proofread this as I’m keen to share all my blog love before everyone wakes up over in the UK.
…And, just because I can, I’d like to share the most joyous jump shot of all! This is when I managed to get Marc involved in a jump on our wedding day! 😀