My name is Josy and I am a Londoner now, but I grew up in the countryside in Cambridgeshire, so I am still a country bumpkin at heart. I am keen to escape the city and go for long walks when I can.
My husband and I made a New Year’s resolution to walk more back in 2016. Most of our New Year’s resolutions only last a few days, but somehow walking suited us both, so we’ve been exercising our legs ever since. We started by exploring the Capital Ring around London in 2016. This is a fantastic way to explore the city so walk it if you can!! In 2017 we’ve started a longer walk, along the North Downs Way from Farnham to Dover. We also end up walking on holiday, so I’ll slowly add more fun walks around the world as I get around to it.
Other things you might want to know about me:
- I’m hoping to move to Vancouver later this year.
- I speak Japanese and work for the Japan Foundation London. Give me a shout if you’d like advice about learning Japanese. I’m happy to bombard you with useful links.
- I used to live in Nara, (in West Japan) which has to be one of the loveliest places on the planet. Half the city is a giant park with over 10,000 deers that wander around. If you are planning a visit to Japan, add that to your list!!
- I have a slightly dappy and very funny cat, Monty.
- I LOVE good food (this might be why I need to walk so much!) I used to review quite a lot on Yelp. So if you’d like to see thousands of food related posts and photos, that’s where I add them.
- I also love jumping photos.